Installing an Avatar question

Get help and help others restore and enjoy driving/touring in horseless carriages
alsfarms

Installing an Avatar question

Post by alsfarms » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:13 am

I need a "TIP" on how to install an avatar image on this site? I have followed the written description but can't get the software to carry over an avatar of my selection from my home computer.
Al

cudaman

Re: Installing an Avatar question

Post by cudaman » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:47 am

I assume that you are going through the "user control panel"? The file size has to be really small, no more than 20 kilobytes and 75 pixels high and 75 pixels wide. :)
Attachments
Picture1.jpg

alsfarms

Post by alsfarms » Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:26 am

Hello Cudaman,
Thanks for the response. Yes, I have been to the users page for loading an Avatar picture. I am not real literate, for sure, when it comes to downloading a picture. I can figure how to look in my computer then download, (I can get the picture sized right). The user page asks for a location? On other forums it has been very simple to get the picture selected then insert. I must be missing something and I am sure my unknowing computers does not help. More advice in the form of a "TIP" please.
Al

cudaman

Post by cudaman » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:00 pm

On avatar type, have you selected "upload avatar"? If yes, then click on "choose file" and click through your directory structure as necessary until you find the file, then hit the "submit" button.

alsfarms

Post by alsfarms » Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:45 am

Hello Cudaman,
Thanks for the encouragement. With some perseverance, I was able to play with the AVATAR protocol and finally figure out what I needed to do to upload an image from my home computer. I now have a new image to associate with my user name. It would be nice if more fellows would take a moment to upload an AVATAR image.
Al

cudaman

Post by cudaman » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:44 am

Well done! :)