Charley Shaver

Get help and help others restore and enjoy driving/touring in horseless carriages
Jack

Charley Shaver

Post by Jack » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:35 pm

I of course don't know how many of you knew Charley Shaver, but he was THE person who more than anyone, who helped me get going on my 1910 Overland. Sadly, Charley was killed in a motorcycle accident on 8/6. Wow, what a loss. He was the go to guy for info on the early Overlands. I'm really going to miss him. When I first got my 1911 Overland, he spent over an hour with me on the phone, pointing out all of the imperfections on the car. And when I purchased the 1910, he was pretty excited and happy for me. And I had never met him. He had been a constant participant in the Chickasha Swap Meet for many years, which is where I first met him in person. A very down to earth guy, self taught machinist who left school in the 8th grade. I didn't know him as well as I would have liked, but I like what I did know about him. I don't know that he was a member of HCCA, but to me that doesn't matter, he was a great guy to talk to with my many questions. Damn it! I'm going to miss him. Thanks for letting me say a few words about him guys. You'll be on my mind for a long time Charley, peace be with you my friend.

alsfarms

Re: Charley Shaver

Post by alsfarms » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:11 am

Rest In Peace Charley....
Al