1928 Pierce Arrow ignition question.

Find answers to all of your automotive questions here

1928 Pierce Arrow ignition question.

Postby GasWorksGarage » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:01 pm

hello all,

we just got a 1928 series 36 in. 6 cylinder dual ignition. The previous owners has one set of plugs hooked to the " double" ignition pull switch and the other set to a toggle switch laying in the glove box left of the column. Does anyone know the correct wiring for it? I am thinking that the toggle wires should go to the keyed switch but it is seized up so they went this route.

Thanks in advance!
GasWorksGarage

Re: 1928 Pierce Arrow ignition question.

Postby BillWitmer » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:02 pm

I can provide a paper copy of a wiring diagram for a series 36 Pierce-Arrow if that would help you. Please provide a mailing address.
BillWitmer

Postby davewhite » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:50 pm

There are three pull switches to the left of the center lock on the dash. The furthest left switch is the left ignition system, the center switch is both ignition systems and the right switch (closest to center of the dash) is the right ignition. The three switches to the right of the key are lighting switches. The center key is a lock that locks all of the switches in position. It is not a switch.
I would suggest that you join the Pierce-Arrow Society ( http://www.pierce-arrow.org ). There is an owners manual for series 36 available in pdf in the members area. It has maintenance info, including wiring diagrams. Pierce-Arrow did not publish service manuals. Additionally, there is a member's message board where you can ask questions and get answers from other members that are P-A experts. There are also PAS Service Bulletins that have service info on all Pierces.

Dave
davewhite

Postby GasWorksGarage » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:12 am

BillWitmer wrote:I can provide a paper copy of a wiring diagram for a series 36 Pierce-Arrow if that would help you. Please provide a mailing address.

Hi sorry for the delay, I had something come up. I would appreciate the diagram. email is ssgasworksgarage@gmail.com
Physical address is

Chester Sams
3632 Oxford Ct
Erlanger KY 41018

Thanks in advance!

Chester
GasWorksGarage

Postby GasWorksGarage » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:13 am

davewhite wrote:There are three pull switches to the left of the center lock on the dash. The furthest left switch is the left ignition system, the center switch is both ignition systems and the right switch (closest to center of the dash) is the right ignition. The three switches to the right of the key are lighting switches. The center key is a lock that locks all of the switches in position. It is not a switch.
I would suggest that you join the Pierce-Arrow Society ( http://www.pierce-arrow.org ). There is an owners manual for series 36 available in pdf in the members area. It has maintenance info, including wiring diagrams. Pierce-Arrow did not publish service manuals. Additionally, there is a member's message board where you can ask questions and get answers from other members that are P-A experts. There are also PAS Service Bulletins that have service info on all Pierces.

Dave

Thanks for the info!
GasWorksGarage

Postby BillWitmer » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:48 pm

Chester,I will get in the mail next week.
BillWitmer

Postby GasWorksGarage » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:09 am

BillWitmer wrote:Chester,I will get in the mail next week.

great,

thanks
GasWorksGarage

Return to Automotive Discussions