1908 with A P Brush 2 cal motor

Find answers to all of your automotive questions here
BRUSHHISTORIAN

1908 with A P Brush 2 cal motor

Post by BRUSHHISTORIAN » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:07 pm

1908 Oakland Touring Car

Under Murphy and Brush the Oakland was produced as a Roadster and Touring Car that sold for about $1,300.00. The Bush 152 cubic inch two cylinder engine was equipped with a planetary three speed transmission.

I am the Brush Runabout Owners Historian. I have a1910 Brush D26 with a 2cylinder Brush Engine.

The 1908 Oakland also had a 2cylinder engine and transmission designed by A P Brush.

In the Oakland Brochure they stated "

Do you have any photos/documents etc relative to that engine and transmission ?

My 2 cylinder Brush engine was found in Hawaii. Sadly it had broken the counter balance shaft and I wish to build a new one so need any documents detailing the counter balance shaft and the counter balance weights.

I also would greatly appreciate any photos and drawings of the Brush designed transmission - the board of the Brush Runabout Co. prohibited A P Brush developing a 2cylinder automobile and the 50 brush engines he had built were sold to a generator company and converted to a stationary engine driving generators and it is possible that the 1908 Oakland transmission would be suitable for my 2 cylinder Brush engine.
Many Thanks
Bob