Can anyone recognize this touring?

Find answers to all of your automotive questions here
carterp

Can anyone recognize this touring?

Post by carterp » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:03 pm

These photos were taken before 1915. The car has acetylene lights and apparently, two pair of semi-eliptic leaf springs. Can anyone identify the mark? Nothing urgent, just curious. Thanks, carterp
Attachments
14#2ThomasFamily Model T Ford touring car.jpg
img079.jpg
14#2ThomasFamily Model T Ford touring car.jpg

jeff deringer

Re: Can anyone recognize this touring?

Post by jeff deringer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:56 am

Neat photos! I believe it is a 1911 Overland Model 49. Great running and driving car!

Check it out: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm ... g4w#imgrc=_

carterp

Post by carterp » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Thanks! Based on the photos you linked I have to agree. Wish I knew what happened to the car. Mine are family photos so the car was in the family 100 years ago. It would be a prize to find today.

jeff deringer

Post by jeff deringer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:35 pm

I love the building in the background. The had cut stone, details, etc. They don't make 'em like that anymore-buildings or cars. I have 2 Overlands, a 14 Touring, and a 15 Speedster. In my opinion they are a fine running car that steers very easily and doesn't overheat. My dad also had a 14 he drove on many tours. Over the years he acquired bigger, faster cars like a 14 Kissel 48hp and a 14 Abbott Detroit 48hp. They both came and went. He kept the Overland. Said the other ones wore him out on a 100 mile tour. Funny.

carterp

Post by carterp » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:00 pm

I appreciatie your comments. I have a restored 1914 Model T Touring which I haven't even started for over a decade. It seems to require two hours of work for every hour of driving. I am currently restoring a '27 T coupe. But I would love to find that old Overland!

alsfarms

Post by alsfarms » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:27 pm

Hello, Do you know the history of the photos? Pictures always freeze a story in time. I agree with Jeff, I live in on old Victorian Styled 2 story home and love the charm of old buildings as well as our cars.
Al

alsfarms

Post by alsfarms » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:34 pm

I am going to venture a guess that the pictures were taken in the western half of the US. I do not see any grass that would indicate landscape from the eastern 1/2 of the US. I can't see the horizon or mountains so probably not in the intermountain west. Maybe any of the more arid flat western states? Does anyone have ideas?
Al