1911 Buick 33

Find answers to all of your automotive questions here
Robert Bente

1911 Buick 33

Post by Robert Bente » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:43 pm

I’ve learned a lot about my Buick 1911 model 33. I’ve had 1500 looks at my questions, and basically no responses. I’ve gone to other sources and sites. The model T guys seem to be the best. Are you people dead? It’s from a very few, I repeat, very few people that are passionate about preserving and passing on there knowledge. I’m 60, trying to pass on the passion. I need advice and opinions on problem solving.
I’ve gotten my model 33 running, it took a year, not from my lack of effort, and from no input from you that read this.

this is submitted, a frustrated member.
r/s Bob

MochetVelo

Re: 1911 Buick 33

Post by MochetVelo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:08 pm

As you've discovered, you'd best post question on the most active forums. The MTFCA Forum is the most responsive I've seen. If you have early Buick questions, you should join the Brass Buicks group on Yahoo:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BrassBuicks/info

Phil

jeff deringer

Re: 1911 Buick 33

Post by jeff deringer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:05 pm

I've lamented the same thing in the past, but in a bit of a different way. Not sure your strategy will bear much fruit. "Hey you losers! I need help and none of you jerks will answer me. Every other club is better than you. Are you dead? Please help." Not a great tactic in my opinion, but hey, it's a free country.
I'm not sure why you didn't go to the Buick club in the first place. They have a lot of folks that are intricately familiar with you know, Buick's. Good luck.