1914 argo

Find answers to all of your automotive questions here
Tim Murphy
1914 argo

Post by Tim Murphy » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:26 pm

looking for help with estimated value... the car is complete...., runs.... "restored" in the 50's... any ball park estimates of the value for insurance purposes?

pfindlay

Re: 1914 argo

Post by pfindlay » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:15 pm

Pretty tough to say when there are almost no other Argos around. You should keep in mind that most rare does not necessarily mean most valuable. To many it means "no parts available" or "no technical support" when something goes wrong. (The opposite of a Model T). To have a good value there must be a certain level of desirability or demand.

I suggest you look for values of similar cars, considering things like size of car, number of cylinders, original selling price, "features", condition, etc. From that you may be able to get an idea of a typical value and adjust it for what ever you think the rareness adds (or subtracts.)

I don't know anything about your car but if it was a medium priced 4 cylinder touring car, then you might check the values of other a range of other cars fitting that description, in the sort of condition that your car is, and go from there.

If you want others to suggest an actual dollar range you should post a few pictures and provide some details about the car.

Peter

cudaman

Re: 1914 argo

Post by cudaman » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:49 am

I think the Fountainhead museum in Fairbanks has an Argo, you might try contacting them. :)