Need help ID'ing this body

Find answers to all of your automotive questions here
Neil G

Need help ID'ing this body

Post by Neil G » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:46 am

Greetings, I'm trying to figure out what car this body belongs to, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here's what I know, seems to be circa 10 to 12, right hand drive, outside shift. I know this based on the right front door was a dummy. The doors and section in between the doors is metal, the rest is wood. there is a body or serial number stamped into the wood on the front seat base, it is 10393, I had thought this may have been a Hudson torpedo. The measurements I have are almost identical and the serial number falls in the 11 torpedo of 9501 and 11,000. I know there are some differences though as the Hudson had a metal tub. The paint was a dark blue with a light blue pinstripe. Take a look at the pics and the Hudson diagram to get an idea of size. The section under the rear seat where it would sit on the frame is 33" wide. I can take more pics or measurements if that would help, thanks, Neil
Attachments
torpedo.jpg
011.JPG
010.JPG
009.JPG
008.JPG
007.JPG
006.JPG

Danbrasscars

Re: Need help ID'ing this body

Post by Danbrasscars » Sun May 19, 2013 8:38 pm

Neil G wrote:Greetings, I'm trying to figure out what car this body belongs to, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here's what I know, seems to be circa 10 to 12, right hand drive, outside shift. I know this based on the right front door was a dummy. The doors and section in between the doors is metal, the rest is wood. there is a body or serial number stamped into the wood on the front seat base, it is 10393, I had thought this may have been a Hudson torpedo. The measurements I have are almost identical and the serial number falls in the 11 torpedo of 9501 and 11,000. I know there are some differences though as the Hudson had a metal tub. The paint was a dark blue with a light blue pinstripe. Take a look at the pics and the Hudson diagram to get an idea of size. The section under the rear seat where it would sit on the frame is 33" wide. I can take more pics or measurements if that would help, thanks, Neil

jeff deringer

Re: Need help ID'ing this body

Post by jeff deringer » Thu May 23, 2013 9:19 am

I don't know if they made bodies from wood in the earlier days, but from the shape of it, the top brackets, the details, it looks like an Overland body to me. My 14 is metal body over wood frame however. The shape of the back and how it curves in looks exactly like my 14.
Attachments
DSCN1196.JPG