Experience with Grundy Insurance

Find answers to all of your automotive questions here
jeff deringer

Experience with Grundy Insurance

Post by jeff deringer » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:30 am

I thought I would pass along my experience with Grundy Auto Insurance that I had all my cars insured with. We have been a customer of Grundy for at least 20 years, as that is who my father had all our cars insured with upon his passing in 1994. I'm not sure how many years prior to that he was with them. We have never filed a claim in those 20 years. During the past year, I have sold some cars, and when the renewal came from Grundy, we simply subtracted the premium for the cars I had sold and mailed a check for the difference. Somehow, along the way, there was a $31 discrepancy that they said we owed. Apparently a company called Philadelphia had bought Grundy, and the new billing came through them. This $31 slipped through the cracks, and without so much as a phone call, our policy was cancelled. After many fruitless phone calls from us to them, moving up the management chain, it was determined that we could renew our policy at nearly double the cost for the same coverage. In addition to this, we were treated rudely by every person we talked to. If this is the way they treat a great 20 year ($20,000 +/-) customer, I shudder to think how they would treat a client that had an actual claim.

Maybe all insurance companies are like that, but if I ran my business like Grundy did I wouldn't have any customers.

oldcarfudd

Re: Experience with Grundy Insurance

Post by oldcarfudd » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:56 am

Try Hagerty. I have had a claim, and was treated very fairly. And their rates are pretty stable.

Gil Fitzhugh the Elder, Morristown, NJ

olcarherb

Re: Experience with Grundy Insurance

Post by olcarherb » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:57 pm

Jeff,

J C Taylor are THE BEST.
My family has been with them for over 50 years.
That's my parents in their ad on the back cover of the HCCA Roster
Call them at 1-800-345-8290 and ask for Tre or Doreen
Tell them your story and that I recommended you call them.
They highly value 2nd and 3rd generation collectors and Multigenerational
antique car collecting families, as ours is and as yours sounds to be.
Their prices are very competitive even though this is one area
where low or lowest price shouldn't be the sole or even main
determining factor.

If they don't satisfy you, please contact me after July 3rd. My
phone number and email address are on the HCCA website and
in the HCCA Gazette under HCCA Directors.

Good Luck and much happy and safe brass era touring.

Herb Singe (Jr)
Collector of Edwardian era Motorcars, Motorcycles & related memorabilia and automobilia

jeff deringer

Thank you both Gil and Herb!

Post by jeff deringer » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:02 am

Thank you both so much for the references. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. I was able to get insured in time to take our "rustic" 29 Lincoln Fire Truck on our club's annual tour in The Dalles, Oregon. Happy kids, happy parents!

Thank you again.

Jeff D
IMG_1597.JPG