1929 Chevrolet International odometer

Find answers to all of your automotive questions here
Jerry Alexander

1929 Chevrolet International odometer

Post by Jerry Alexander » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:02 am

Yesterday we purchased a restored 1929 Chevrolet International. The owner told me the odometer does not work. I would like to get this fixed, if possible. Has anyone had this problem and if so how was it resolved? Repaired or replaced? Is this an expensive resolve?

I thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Jerry Alexander

wjguthrie

Re: 1929 Chevrolet International odometer

Post by wjguthrie » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:13 am

Google Speedometer repair There are many shops like:
http://www.bobsspeedometer.com/1/120/index.asp

Jim
Please refrain from restoring the survivors

jeff deringer

Post by jeff deringer » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:51 am

Does the speedometer work and the odometer not work? Or do they both not work? If you're handy, it wouldn't hurt to take it out and see if it turns with a drill motor, maybe look inside for obvious issues. I've had work done at Bob's Speedometer, and it is good quality. Just bring your wallet, because you'll need it!

Jerry Alexander

Post by Jerry Alexander » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:25 am

Thank you for your assistance and advice. The speedometer works. I will try to remove the gauges and see if there is anything obvious that I could fix (I am somewhat challenged in making repairs myself but open to try.) I will check into the business suggested. The previous owner thought repairing this gauge would cost between $300 and $500 to repair. So now I know that it can be repaired if the wallet is deep enough and motivation sincere enough. Right now neither is the case. So I will try the DIY approach. Again thanks

Jerry