RCH Automobiles

Find answers to all of your automotive questions here
Bharper

RCH Automobiles

Post by Bharper » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:06 am

Greetings All,

I am trying to learn what I can about RCH cars. I have found that Robert Hupp left Hupmobile after a dispute with stockholders and formed RCH Automobiles. There is scant information on the internet and not many pictures.

I am hoping to be able to discern one model year from another and what features for a particular car are largely correct or totally incorrect (how messed up a car may be). From what I have found 1913 was the first year for electric lights and demountable rims.

I have a growing collection of the Gazette but not the issues listed in the index which have RCH information.

Any help or guidance will be most welcome and appreciated.

Best Regards,
Bill

oldcarfudd

Re: RCH Automobiles

Post by oldcarfudd » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:07 pm

The new HCCA roster lists 5 RCH cars. If you don't have access to the roster, PM me and I'll tell you who the owners are. Maybe they can help.

Gil Fitzhugh the Elder

olcarherb

Post by olcarherb » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:37 am

Bill,
Two excellent research sources for literature on antique and old cars, ranging from before the turn of the past century through the last quarter of the past century (1890's--late 20th century) are the Horseless Carriage Foundation in La Mesa (San Diego), California (contact the executive director Mac McPherson, at http://hcfi.org or (619) 464-0301 Tues. - Fri.) and the Antique Automobile Club of America Library and Research Center in Hershey. Pennsylvania (contact any of the librarians there at http://aacalibrary.org or (717) 534 - 2082 Mon. - Fri.). They should have quite a bit of literature and information on Huppmobile, Robert C. Hupp and RCH automobiles. Another possible source is HCCA national director Alex Huppe who has some Huppmobiles. His contact information can be found in the national directors section of this website. Good luck on your search. In my humble opinion, researching car and car company histories is one of the most enjoyable, fun and interesting aspects of our hobby, ranking just below driving and buying old cars, attending swap meets and socializing with other old car gearheads.
Good luck on your search.
Herb Singe
PS Our family owns a very nice, unrestored, barn find condition,1912 model 20 Huppmobile roadster that we sourced out of the deep South a few years ago. Believe it or not I found it on eBay!!!
Collector of Edwardian era Motorcars, Motorcycles & related memorabilia and automobilia

Attitude928

Post by Attitude928 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:04 pm

This one has been for sale for ages: http://www.haggleme.com/Vehicle/locatio ... dster.aspx
Attachments
rch.jpg
rch.jpg (59.59 KiB) Viewed 8054 times

alsfarms

Post by alsfarms » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:28 am

Nice early car for the money. Someone should buy and enjoy the RCH.
Al

Bharper

Post by Bharper » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:07 pm

Yes, Attitude928, that is the car which prompted my question. The fenders and running boards don't look right and I then wonder what else is way off. The price creates interest and yet this little car could quickly turn into a huge and horrible money pit. I did contact the lister but never received a response, perhaps just as well. Bill

Attitude928

Post by Attitude928 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:43 pm

It looked a bit off to me...so I passed as well. I also didn't like some of the yelp reviews for haggle me.