Wireless Turn Signal

Get help and help others restore and enjoy driving/touring in horseless carriages
MochetVelo

Wireless Turn Signal

Post by MochetVelo » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:36 am

Turn signals can aid in modern traffic. Here is a kit designed for bikers, but will also work for cars. I got one this week and tested it in the house. The sending unit operated the signals from across the room. It has "left", "right" and "hazard" flashers. You turn it on with a button behind the lights. It also beeps when flashing. They are bright red LED lights. The lights use 3, AA batteries and the sender uses a 1.5v "button" battery you can get at any hardware store. Since these are designed for bicycles, you'll have to make a little bracketing to mount them on a car. They are available on Amazon, but for some reason are about 20% cheaper (about $30) on eBay out of the U.K., even including shipping. Might be worth considering.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281894181210?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
Turn Signal.jpg
Phil

1cylnut

Re: Wireless Turn Signal

Post by 1cylnut » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:26 pm

Hi,
I tried one of these on my Model T with standard buzz coil ignition. The coils drove the thing crazy and made it useless. Perhaps on a car with conventional ignition it would work fine,
Bill Ottemann