UK Early Car Tour Video

Find answers to all of your automotive questions here
MochetVelo

UK Early Car Tour Video

Post by MochetVelo » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:12 pm

I like this video of a 2011 "Creepy Crawly Tour" in the UK. It really shows the cars in action. There are a lot of interesting pre-1910 European cars here, plus a few American models. I see Curved-Dash Olds, Locomobile steamer, single-cylinder Cadillac.

Phil

Rrdoubleday

Re: UK Early Car Tour Video

Post by Rrdoubleday » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:09 am

Great video, worth watching.

FullerMetz

Post by FullerMetz » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:23 am

THAT was just TOO fantastic!! The plot was a little hard to follow, however full of action and pathos, triumph and defeat. The Music was wonderful (era piano rolls!). Thank you Phil. I thoroughly enjoyed those eleven plus minutes!
I have GOT to get working on my gasoline carriage! (A couple projects to finish up first)
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

wjguthrie

Post by wjguthrie » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:44 am

Great video,nicely edited. The owners are not afraid to get them out and drive them. Bravo.
Please refrain from restoring the survivors

FullerMetz

Post by FullerMetz » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:58 pm

One thing I have noticed for many years, and it shows in this and other videos of tours (ralleyes?) in England. Many more of their really early automobiles are extensively driven. Their London to Brighten tour is limited to 1904 and earlier. The Creepy Crawly appears to allow newer ones and twos, yet the majority of cars still appear to be earlier. I have attended several one and two cylinder tours here and read very closely tour reports in the Gazette and other magazines. Very few of our really early cars seem to show up and run on them. I saw more CDOs climbing a hill on the London to Brighton tour in one video than I have seen on tours here in the past thirty years (except for the great CDO gathering reported on almost 14 years ago). And they are among the newer cars on that tour in England. I know several collectors that have cars from those early years. But they always drive the cars from about '07 to '10.
I have never been able to own a running car from that early. My gasoline carriage needs a fair amount of restoration before it will be running. I do hope I can drive it and enjoy it for a few years before it is too late.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Jerry Alexander

Post by Jerry Alexander » Tue May 13, 2014 4:39 am

Thank you for this great video. I looks like a blast! I really enjoyed watching it. I wish there were similar outings in western Illinois. It looks like a blast! I'd love to drive our '15 Model 22 Metz in something like that. Again thanks for sharing this with us.

Jerry