Gasoline White's

Find answers to all of your automotive questions here
sardinius

Gasoline White's

Post by sardinius » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:31 am

Does anyone have any knowledge or Owners handbooks on White gasoline cars? I am helping with the conservation and restoration of the White Model 30 Roadster that was in the Tupelo museum since 1993. Before that it was unused and in the Leo Bongers collection in Nebraska. Its hugely original and for a start we would like to know if the Dynostart is 12v or 24v? The remains of the original battery are still in the car, it has 9 cells but has been subject to a small fire so we are searching for a wiring diagram.
Any brochures or handbooks or knowledge of them would be a great help.
And does anyone know what the G.A.D. means in the Model name?
I'm in the UK.
Nick Howell
Penzance
Cornwall
England.

davewhite

Re: Gasoline White's

Post by davewhite » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:59 am

Check with the National Auto Museum (Harrah's) in Reno. They have a 1910 Touring. I have taken extensive photos of that car. I got a disk of high quality digital scans of a Parts Book, Manual and sales book from them for my 1910 White GA. They may have other years. The cost was around $100. The sales book is 1910, but I think the manual is later because it includes the electric starter. It did not have any information on battery voltage. They are too large to e-mail although I could probably copy a section if that would help you. What year is your White? My White is a 1910. I know of three other 1910s a 1913 Touring and a friend has an unrestored 1916 Touring. My 1910 is a GA (Toy Tonneau), the 1910 Touring was a GB. These are the small 4 cyl. The 1913 I know of is a large 4 cyl touring and is a GEC. Other than that I am not sure what the letters mean.

You might see if you can contact Robert Reenders in Michigan. He is listed in the HCCA Directory. He and his family own several Whites including a 1912 6 cyl.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if I can provide further assistance.
A photo of my 1910 Toy Tonneau is attached.

Dave
Attachments
IMG_6469LR.JPG

sardinius

Post by sardinius » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:43 pm

Thanks Dave I'll do that. When I get back from France, where I am on holiday at the moment.
Nick

hcca
Site Admin

Post by hcca » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:37 pm

Also try the HCFI Automotive Library at https://hcfi.org
(619) 464-0301

It has a huge collection of early automotive documentation. You can call, (619) 464-0301, or submit a research request

What year is your White? I may have some docs for a '14 Touring.

sardinius

Post by sardinius » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:07 am

Though it was sold as 1912 we found some invoices whivk indicate is could be a 1913 Model 30 roadster.
Amazingly original it still the cover for the rear trunk/box and the original.Goodrich puncture repair kit box complete with patches and what is left of the glue tube.

sardinius

Post by sardinius » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:35 am

Dave wouod you be able to send electronic copies of just the starter motor and its wiring from the manual? The starter has "GA" stamped on it and a four sequence number.
Though I am able to post on the Forums I will need to renew my membership of the HCCA to look up Mr Reenders contact details. I was a member a few years ago but being in the uk didn't receive the most benefit for meeting information and the monthly newsletters.
It is intetesting comparing the White with my 1909 Cadillac 30; the White is an even higher quality made automobile.
Nick

davewhite

Post by davewhite » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:59 pm

Nick,
I'll take a look and see what the manual and parts book show and get back to you.

Dave

davewhite

Post by davewhite » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:20 pm

Nick,
The Owners Manual has a section on the starter and a wiring diagram. There also is a diagram in the parts book I can send. I think I can copy these and keep the size small enough to e-mail. I need an e-mail address.

Dave

sardinius

Post by sardinius » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:00 am

That would be excellent Dave.
My email is nick@pilchardworks.co.uk
Nick